Colleen is an insightful and engaging certified executive coach, facilitator and lawyer, with 25+ years of experience as a trusted advisor and thought partner with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). She has led transaction teams and negotiated intricate multi-country deals as a partner in two global law firms, driving exceptional performance across gender, culture and function. She connects well with clients who are committed to developing authentic leadership practices that build capacity and create inclusive, high-engagement cultures.
Colleen currently serves as Program Director for the Executive Development Institute (EDI), a non-profit organization that provides culturally tailored leadership development programs for multi-ethnic emerging and experienced leaders from Pacific Northwest companies.
Born and raised in Honolulu, Colleen currently lives in Seattle where she enjoys giving back to her diverse community, travel, sports, dancing (especially Cuban salsa), and is a devoted aunt to her 15-year old nephew.
- JD from Georgetown University Law Center, MBA and BBA from the University of Hawaii
- Professional and master coaching certifications are from the Hudson Institute of Coaching trained
- Certified in a variety of instruments, assessments and workshops around 360-feedback emotional intelligence, behavior styles, personality traits, cross-cultural dynamics, polarity management, engagement and collaborative change.
- Program Director for the Executive Development Institute (EDI)
- Served as Interim Senior Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for the Department of Social and Health Services for Washington State.
- Co-developed DEI Engagement Works™ an integrated leadership approach for strengthening DEI awareness while building high engagement organizational cultures of trust, respect and belonging.
- Live in a diverse, culturally rich environment
- Have always given back to my community in non-profit work
- Have a close relationship with my amazing 15-year old nephew
- Attended two Seahawk's SuperBowls!
- Have seen the musical Mamma Mia live five times in three different cities